Monday, February 6, 2012

Spicy Pop Pulled Pork!

I've recently fallen in love with the cooking show done by the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond! We have a few things in common.. We both love to blog (time permitting), we both love to cook, and we both love photography! I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I've learned of in just the past few shows. I've TiVo'd all of her shows this season and I think I've watched them all at least 5 times! So... I decided to finally try out a few of her recipes! Since Tyler was gone this weekend, Keller and I ran a couple of errands Saturday, but spent the majority of Sunday at home. Bliss, I tell ya! All of the clothes are washed and folded and put away, I cooked a meal fit for a king, if I must say so myself, and my sweet girl has been awesome all weekend! It's been a great, relaxing weekend, but I'm ready for the hubs to be home! Only a few more hours!

The recipe that took the longest to cook was the pulled pork! It was WELL worth it though! My father in law came over for dinner tonight and LOVED it! It will be on the yum list for sure!

Spicy Pop Pulled Pork



Ingredients:

  • Pork shoulder, aka boston butt
  • 2 onions
  • 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 cans 'pop' I used Dr. Pepper
  • Can of chipotle peppers (her recipe called for 1 large can) I didn't have a huge piece of pork, so I just used 1 small can and it turned out perfect!
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Quarter both onions and place them in the bottom of our dutch oven, season the pork with salt and pepper, pour the can of chipotle peppers over the top of the pork, pour in the 'pop,' and add the brown sugar.

Cover and put in a 300 degree oven for 6 hours. (flip it after 3 hours to cook it evenly)

When you take it out of the oven it will be falling off the bone! (I had a smaller pork shoulder so I took mine out after 5 hours and it was done!)

Carefully remove it and put it on a cutting board so that it can be 'pulled'

YUM!

Return it back to the juice and let it absorb all of that goodness!

Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment