Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's been a while!

Hello again!! Keller has arrived and is 7 weeks old now! HOLY COW! Time really does fly! I thought before I had her that when we got out of the hospital that I would keep up my blogging to keep everyone informed of our progress. Yeah, well...I didn't realize just how sleep deprived I would be! A friend told me a couple of days before I had her that I just needed to rest, rest, rest. I think I was a bit too anxious! Now is a different story! Oh, what I would do to be able to rest without one eye open! Anyway... Keller was born on July 13 at 6:03 p.m. She weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces and was 20 inches long! We were scheduled to go the hospital Sunday night at 9:00 and as of Monday around 4:00 pm, things still had not progressed so we decided to go with a c-section. Honestly, looking back on it, I wouldn't have had it any other way! Everything went great! It was a strange feeling to be coherent and know that they were cutting me open! It's sad to say that I don't remember holding her or feeding her for the first time. I was still a little loopy!! The first thing I remember was when everyone was coming in the room with us to see her and my hand was shaking uncontrollably like I was really cold, but it was just the medicine wearing off. Everyone was so excited to see her and that she was finally here! We had a room full of visitors welcoming her into the world! She was passed around like a little football and she didn't mind at all! She just relaxed! She's such a good baby!! We ended up staying in the hospital until that Friday. I spiked a fever two days in a row and they made me go 24 hours without a fever before they would release me. And rest is not a possibility in the hospital.. The techs come in a bazillion times to check vitals, then the nurses are always in there, then the baby needs to be fed...etc, etc.. I was really glad to be going home! It made a huge difference in how I felt just to be home! The first couple of weeks were very trying! Sleepless nights galore!! Things are much better now! Tyler and I rotate feeding times so it's not so hard on either of us. The first time she slept 4 hours in a row it scared me! I woke up at 3:30 and she was still asleep, I thought for sure I'd slept through her crying, but I hadn't. I actually got up and put my finger under her nose to make sure she was still breathing!! Pitiful, I know!

She changes more and more each day! I'm going to try to keep this updated as best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment