Applesauce Banana Whole Wheat Muffins
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup mashed bananas
* 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup old fashion oatmeal (optional)
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
For the topping: Mix it all up!
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the banana, applesauce, and oil.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Spray your muffin pan with non-stick spray.
6. Put enough batter to fill your muffing pan 3/4 of the way.
7. If you like, you can sprinkle some topping on each muffin before baking.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.