Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday - on Wednesday--read on...

I know it's Wednedsay... I got all of my pics taken, uploaded to the computer, and the blog open when my 16 month old fell down, got up and projectile vomited all over me.. Needless to say, she ended up in the bath tub, I ended up in the shower and then around 11:30, while watching none other than Nemo finally fell asleep.. I went to bed. I'd had enough for the night. So, I know it's late, and I missed the link up, but better late than never, right?! Here ya go!


KITCHENS!

This is where we spend a lot of time!


Love my "W!" Got it at Anthropologie on a recent trip to Ridgeland! The Fleur de lis came from a potter in NOLA called Pots a Lot! Love his shop! He's often at the Peter Anderson Art Festival in Ocean Springs in the fall.

A few of many!

This will be our dinner tonight! It didn't finish 'til almost midnight, and after the events of the evening, needless to say it went in the fridge.. Crawfish etouffee stuffed chicken (from Lad & Dad's- no I didn't make it..)


More cook books! (and pottery)

Probably the most used item in my kitchen! My mom handwrote this cook book of all of my favorite recipes! This is the second one she's done, since the first one was ruined by something that spilled on the counter. LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing and her!!

Keller's corner! =) An old window that was transformed into a cork/chalk board for her up coming artwork! (and her highchair)


My kitchen wouldn't be complete without a T.Keller painting! =) and funky salt and pepper grinders




One side! My other side pic didn't upload last night =/

Keller playing in her cabinet!

I apparently had major uploading issues, seeing as how I just noticed several missing pics. bleh. My coffee station is on the left, with a lovely angel painting, and pottery canister, cookie jar on the right and I'm sure my dish towel that's supposed to be on the towel bar, is in the cabinet Keller is playing in! It never stays put! =)





My windowsill. I don't like when it gets dark early because I can't see out! Well, until the Christmas lights get put up, then there's the warm and cozy feeling! I just planted lavender in the copper pot, we shall see how that goes. Tyler asked me if I had tried to grow something and killed it before he even noticed the pot was there! good grief.. =) Keller's handprint, a P.M.S. Tyler candle - smells like chocolate! The little silver square says "If you can laugh at it, you can live with it" Oh so true!





My favority kitchen accessory! The little munchkin that flings the tupperware across the room and giggles!


Constant reminders of NOLA throughout my kitchen. Picked this up at Central Grocery last December on Tyler's company Christmas trip, along with a couple of muffaletta's! Mmmm... Now I want one!


Now for the recipe!

Ingredients:
1# mild italian sausage
1 medium onion
1 large can whole tomatoes
1 can black beans
2 cans butter beans
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg fresh basil
1/2 head of garlic
2T parmesean cheese
Directions:
Brown sausage in 2 T olive oil, remove sausage and add chopped onion and garlic and 1 cup of water. cook until onions are translucent. Add sliced sausage. Drain all beans and rinse. Add chicken broth, beans and tomatoes (chut these up in quarters or smalled if desired) Bring to a boil, add chopped basil and cheese, and simmer until done!

I really wish I had a picture for you! It's a very pretty soup!


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Better late than never woman:)

    I need a T. Keller in my house!!!

    That chicken looks some kind of good !

    And how sweet of your mom to write that cookbook for you, what a treasure!!

    LOVE your kitchen......LOVE!!

    And will you please send me over your "favorite accessory"?? Want Her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I tried!

    Girl! Check out her site! She has some fabulous stuff!

    The cookbook is my absolute favorite!

    Well, if you'd ever like to babysit, just call me! lol! Just don't let her put stickers all over her! ha!

    ReplyDelete