Monday, October 25, 2010

The weekend is over and Monday looms..

Happy Monday everyone!
We had a great weekend! We spent Friday night at home! Did you hear me? HOME! WOW! We never do that! We made us a grilled shrimp salad for dinner and hung out and watched cartoons, played with Keller and Hardy, and just had a relaxing evening.
I am pleased to say that Keller slept until 10:00 Saturday morning and so did mommy! Man! A weekend of firsts! ha! The picture to the left is of her sitting on the couch with daddy watching cartoons {Mickey Mouse Club} and reading a book, multi-tasking already!

We got up and cleaned the house, rearranged the living room {which Tyler found quite humorous.. he said he can't go outside for an hour without coming in the house to something being moved around! Ha! I told him it happens when I deep clean! I have to move the rug completely to sweep and mop under it, and that entails moving the couch, bookshelf, etc! Thank goodness for wood floors! =) } , washed and folded all the laundry, took some pics of Keller outside with our pumpkins in her adorable outfit that mom made her! {We decided to go ahead and do that since the forecast for Sunday was rain!}

We walked outside and she saw the pumpkins and all she said was "punkin" the whole time I took her picture! I wish ya'll could hear her say it! It's too funny! After that little miss went down for a nap and I finished my cleaning. Mark, Jarrett, Blake and Holly came over for the Bama game and and dinner at which Tyer had a fabulous idea for the tuna we were grilling that he and Mark saw on the food network the previous weekend! Here's the link to the recipe we used! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/grilled-tuna-rolls-recipe/index.html They were really good! If you do the recipe, go a little lighter on the lime juice than it says. Other than that YUM! Kudos to the cooks!

Church was pretty fabulous too! Tyler led a couple of songs and did a FANTASTIC job! I haven't heard him sing in what seems like a month of Sundays... I was holding Keller during the worship service and she was looking all around, and as soon as she heard Tyler she whipped her head around and zoned into him! She looked at me and said Daddy! =) Melts my heart.. While singing his second song she fell asleep on my shoulder.. tears were streaming.. enough said.. I.AM.BLESSED.

Leftovers for lunch at the house, then we were planning to go to the pumpkin patch, which was nixed because it started raining on the way there.. Thankful for the rain since it hasn't rained in a month! Instead it was a Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte, Babies R Us, San Miguel run! =) Needless to say, we'll be doing the pumpkin patch after work sometime this week! This was her when we were on the way to the pumpkin patch, and yes that's a bow in her hair! I put it in, distracted her for about 3 minutes by putting lotion on her hands, and giving Tyler strict instructions to not let her see herself in the mirror on the way to putting her in the car! It only lasted about an hour though, then she found it! That child hates having bows, clips, anything onher head! I'm praying about that.. ;-)

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Can't wait to read about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment